The best selection of electronic masks to weld at a single click. Updated comparison, user guide and a wide catalog with the best prices. We make it easy for you!
Answering the question of what is the best photosensitive welding mask is impossible since the wide range of brands, models, sizes, qualities and prices makes the question useless.
In our online store, we present a variety of masks so you can buy the one that best suits your needs.
If you are interested in buying an automatic welding mask, you may feel overwhelmed to see all the options on the market.
- What is the best welding mask?
- What quality do the different welding masks have?
- What is the best brand of welding masks?
For this reason, I have decided to publish this post to guide you and highlight the best masks or welding helmets on the market.
Below you will find a comparison of the best welding masks, highlighting the most sold in Amazon.
- 1 Best Welding Helmets Under $100
- 2 Top 5 of the best selling welding masks on Amazon
- 3 Welding mask what is it and what is it for?
- 4 Electronic automatic welding masks
- 5 How to choose the best photosensitive welding mask?
- 6 Where to buy photosensitive welding masks?
- 7 Buy cheap welding mask
Best Welding Helmets Under $100
Buying any of these masks you will be right in your purchase.
It already depends on which mask you buy depending on the budget you have for your purchase, and the design or requirements you are looking for in your new welding mask.
Top 5 of the best selling welding masks on Amazon
1. Fixkit welder’s helmet
- Efficiency: as soon as the spark jumps the screen goes dark (1/30000 seconds)
- The safety of the tool; if you want to protect your eyes and face you can be calm
- Unbeatable value for money
- Lighting control through a side button
- Design, proper fit, comfort
- To get some but, some customers indicated a lack of a broader range of fastening adjustments.
2. Welding mask KKMoon Design Eagle
- It is a professional tool: 1 / 25,000 seconds of automatic dimming
- High definition display
- Its economical price
- His already characteristic eagle design
- The lack of spare parts in case of repair. But the truth is that we talk about a robust and durable product, so it is unlikely that you need to replace any part. And if so, you can contact any repairman authorized by the manufacturer.
3. Tacklife PAH04D automatic welding mask
- This brand meets the highest safety and quality standards
- Premium material: high impact nylon polyamide
- High battery life (between 3 and 5 years)
- It serves for any type of welding work
- Answer 1: 25000 and classification 1-1-1-1
- It includes a carrying bag
- NONE. Everyone speaks well of this welding screen; We can not get any defect.
4. Automatic welding mask Tacklife PAH03D
- Like her younger sister, she meets the highest safety and quality standards
- Very professional mask
- It has a larger viewing screen with the previous model
- The price. The difference in performance of this mask with respect to the previous model does not justify, in our opinion, the price difference.
5. Nasum electronic welding mask
- Good price
- This automatic welding screen is suitable for all welding techniques
- For amateur use. If you are looking for something more professional you should keep one of the 4 options above.
- Some clients indicate that the screen margins do not darken completely.
Welding mask what is it and what is it for?
A welder’s mask is a protection tool (the so-called PPE) that is used to protect against radiation, sparks and infrared rays when welding.
What does an electronic welding mask protect from? Fundamentally that these sparks and sparkles fall on the face, face, and head of the welder, allowing us to see through the glass of the mask without causing us damage at the level of vision.
It could be a basic definition of what an electronic welding mask is.
Traditional welding masks
Welding masks have existed since the beginning of time when the first blacksmiths forged the metals in the forge to get stronger and stronger alloys.
However, technology has also played a leading role in this field and today the old welding masks have become obsolete because the current ones guarantee greater protection and are more efficient and effective when carrying out the work.
Traditional welding masks are dangerous and in disuse
Traditional masks are nothing more than a simple iron mask with a glass visor at eye level to hold with one hand.
They are less safe and more uncomfortable since you have to hold them with one hand while working.
In this way, the work of the welder is assured of possible burns on the face.
However, there are still veteran professionals who are reluctant to switch to modern ones and that is why brands such as Scan continue to manufacture modern models but with classic style, which are not automatic or digital masks, such as this Scan welding screen
From here we bet with the modernity and security provided by electronic welding masks and screens compared to traditional ones.
There is still an intermediate or hybrid model, between traditional sheet metal masks and state-of-the-art welding helmets, which are thermoformed masks.
Without having the equipment of automatic and electronic devices, they do allow both hands-free and better control of the welding arc, consequently safety and freedom of movement.
Electronic automatic welding masks
If we had to choose which is the best welding mask, we would always opt for an electronic welding mask.
They are also called photosensitive welding masks, welding screens, or automatic welding mask.
They combine the effectiveness of traditional masks with the comfort and safety provided by technology, without having to take off the helmet every time you want to check the work or do another task at the same time.
Features and benefits of using an electronic welding helmet
- Safety at eye level (self-darkening) and skin and hair, as it protects from sparks that may jump
- Efficiency and speed at work, not having to be taking off the welder’s helmet every two by three.
- Comfort, you forget that you have put the case and you can continue doing the task.
- Efficiency, the most modern models come with solar cells, which work as a battery that is recharged with the absorption of light. They do not need electric current.
How to choose the best photosensitive welding mask?
There are certain things that must be taken into account when an electric welding mask.
Although we have already said that the most important thing is safety and especially eye protection, it is also necessary to assess other things:
The weight of the photosensitive mask is essential before buying it, since it will be an important element when we are working.
An optimal weight should not exceed 500 grams.
2. Automatic regulation of the degree of protection filter
This aspect is perhaps the most important when assessing whether a welding mask is good or not.
We have to take into account both the level of shadow (adjustable filter in DIN), a small device that adjusts the brightness of the facial mask to weld at the different levels of its use (it can vary from 5-8 and 9-13) as well as the time it takes to change.
Obviously, the higher the shadow range and the faster the automaticity, the better
3. Gradual helmet adjustment
In welding masks, it is important that in addition to an adequate and safe adjustment, the welding mask brings a gradual adjustment, which allows to fasten the helmet adjusting it to the needs of the user.
A helmet that is loose and loose or too tight can be dangerous.
4. Viewfinder area
It is important to have a viewfinder that is large enough, that allows us to have a high field of vision when we are working.
Some models come with side windows which creates a peripheral vision that allows us to expand the panoramic view when we are welding.
The material from which the welding mask is made is another element to consider.
The best quality is constructed of polypropylene and polycarbonate, they also work in spaces that are between -5 º and 55 º C temperature.
6. Type of recharge
Normally they work with lithium batteries or solar recharge. The latter is the most recommended since you only need to put them in the sun for a few minutes or they will be charged directly while you are working.
Surely you have seen the novel designs of welding masks that have little or nothing to do with the typical iron sheet used by the most veteran welders.
Nowadays, fully decorated or airbrushed welding helmets are sold with drawings such as animals, skulls, or custom graffiti.
There are also experts who work on tuning their helmets almost as if they were tattooists.
Although there are prices for all users, we believe that the question of how much it costs or how much a welding helmet costs goes to the background, since the most important thing is the safety and quality of the product.
It is worth investing a little more money in something that we know will last you a lifetime and that will also protect your eyes effectively, as well as other parts of the face and head.
That said, the price range of photosensitive welding masks ranges from € 20 for the simplest or non-known cases to € 200 for a professional mask.
Where to buy photosensitive welding masks?
We present the best masks and welding helmets photosensitive on the market. There are all kinds: professionals, the best sellers, cheap and economical, for all users.
Today you can find a smart welding mask in shopping centers such as Leroy Merlin, Bricodepot, Bricomart, Lidl, Mercadolibre, Aki, or in online stores such as Amazon, Easy, eBay, or Aliexpress.
You can also get a mask for welding second-hand electronics, although for security reasons we do not recommend it, because you will never know what the state and maintenance of it are by the selling owner.
The most prestigious welding mask brands are Fixkit, Mauk, GYS, Wurth, Infra, Lincon, Hyundai, Miller, Trupe, Ubermann, Bauker, Volt, Hobart, Cevik, Speedglas, Lusqtoff, Krafter, Jackson, Gladiator, Gamma, Tweco, Fox, Fronius, Walfront, Kemppi, Elite, Kommberg, Pretul or Parkside.
Buy cheap welding mask
Here you can buy one of the cheap welding masks of the many that you can find in the market.
We have chosen this for its value for money, being one of the best selling welding masks.
How does a photosensitive welding mask work?
It is easy, the visor of the protective mask for welding is photosensitive so that it automatically regulates how much light it receives.
When you stop using the welder, the viewfinder automatically detects that the light level has decreased, therefore the shadow and darkness of the screen lowers and allows you to see how you would normally do without having the mask on.
When you put the soldering iron back into operation the screen detects it and quickly darkens.
In this way, with welding masks, harmful radiation from ultraviolet and infrared rays is prevented, avoiding eye and retina damage caused by the glow of the weld.
We present a video that talks about how to use the electronic welding mask, the parts of it, and the basic and common operation of all of them.
We hope we have solved all your doubts about which electronic mask to weld to buy or any information about it.
However, if you have doubts, do not forget to contact us, and our team will give you a quick response on any topic related to electronic welding masks.
We are experts in masks and welding helmets, if you have any questions leave us a comment and we will help you!